Monday, November 23, 2009

V

V
Is it me, or did “V” rock tonight?  I totally loved it and plan on watching it for the rest of the season.  However, my fellow sci-fi lovin’ husband disagreed with me and after thirty minutes he gave up and left, muttering something about not being able to stomach any more drivel.  So, if you hated this show, [...]

Is it me, or did “V” rock tonight?  I totally loved it and plan on watching it for the rest of the season.  However, my fellow sci-fi lovin’ husband disagreed with me and after thirty minutes he gave up and left, muttering something about not being able to stomach any more drivel.  So, if you hated this show, I can take it. 

I don’t have time to do a huge post, as I’ve been awake for twenty-nine hours straight, I’m also watching the Kathy Griffin “Balls of Steel” comedy special, and I still have to write another post tonight as well as search for a job before I crash and finally go to bed.  Let me quickly say the following about the show as well as a little background.

v anna

“V” is a remake an 80’s miniseries that was so successful that it had another miniseries sequel, which then gave birth to the TV show that aired in 84-85.  I was much more of a sci-fi nerd then, so I was all over those programs.  The current 2009 TV show “V” is about aliens who come to earth in their big fancy space crafts.  The kicker is that they are led by the beautiful Anna and they look exactly like humans, and they are friendly.  Instead of aliens, they call themselves visitors, and so does everyone else.  Thus, “V” for short or the V’s.  People are getting used to them, they are nice, give free tours to the ships, and you seem to forget they are even aliens.  Then, the shite hits the fan when we find out the “terrorist” cell the FBI agents are following are really humans trying to stop the V’s from taking over the Earth, as they of course are lying and hiding the fact they are terrorists.  If you hate sci-fi, can’t stand the thought of things like this, you could handle this show. 

cast v

ABC is nicely doing a job to make it mainstream and “normal” looking to appease the broader non-nerd sci-fi audience.  And when I say nerd, I only mean it out of love.  I am a nerd, and I love all nerds and embrace nerdiness.  Nerds rule.  Perhaps this move might actually alienate (Ha ha, get it, alienate) hardcore sci-fi fans such as my hubby, because of the small details such as when FBI Agent Erica Evans (aka Juliet from LOST, played by Elizabeth Mitchell) points out something the V’s said which didn’t make sense, as it hints that they had been to Earth before.   Normally we nerds like to guess about these things, because the speculation is more fun than the actual material at times.  Plus they are throwing in all the hotness they find.  My god, they even have good old Scott Wolfe (Bailey Sallinger from Party of Five) playing Chad Decker, a journalist who gets tricked by the V’s.  Even better, teen lust, to get the teens hooked, which is why the show is on at 8pm in my mind.  Hell, why not, look at these two?

blond v

Basically, the show boils down to one thing – who can you trust?  How do people know what is right and how can you be sure of the choices you make and what to believe or not to believe?  Will devotion get in the way of the truth?  Oh, I can’t wait to find out.  We all face these types of questions, but when these Visitors look like humans and talk humans all with a pretty faces and hot bodies, how can you not be suckered in?  How can you tell who is human, or who is alien?  When you think of it, the show is kind of like politics, but with much bigger racks.  I’m in for next week, but are you?

Posted in celebrities, entertainment, Geeks, J.J. Abrams, LOST, nerds, Party of Five, personal, politically correct, politics, pop culture, random thoughts, sci-fi, science fiction, sex, teenagers, television, THOUGHTS, tv, TV Blogs, tv shows, V Tagged: Anna from V, Chad Decker, Erica Evans, JOEL GRETSCH, LOGAN HUFFMAN, LOURDES BENEDICTO, Morena Baccarin, Morris Chestnut, Scott Wolf, v 2009, V on ABC, V TV Show, Visitors

No comments:

Post a Comment