Saturday, November 21, 2009

INSIGHTS: Jim Sturgess talks about acting, new movies, filmmakers and more!

INSIGHTS: Jim Sturgess talks about acting, new movies, filmmakers and more!
Our partner site, JimSturgessOnline has just launched an exclusive interview with - of course - Jim Sturgess! Filled with exciting details about new movies, location shoots, and various experiences with the cast and crew, it can't get any better than this.
- - -
jim-sturgess
- - -
What makes this interview special is that Jim actually took his time to respond to each questions carefully. What could have been the usual straight-forward question and answer became more intimate and revealing.
- - -
On his upcoming film, Heartless: "I play a young guy called Jamie Morgan. He is a very affected and sensitive soul, struggling to make sense of it all. For anyone who has picked up a newspaper and looked at all the madness that goes on in the world day in and out, the religious wars, kidnappings, shootings, stabbings, racial hatred etc etc and thought ‘I can't take it anymore'...'what is wrong with the world'..............well that is Jamie!"

- - -
On being on location shoot for The Way Back: "It was amazing to spend time in all these places. Bulgaria was a very tough city to live in. The oppression of communist rule still lingers and there is alot of poverty there. I didn't really like it there to start off with. The people seemed very closed and cold at first but I soon realised that once they opened up there were some fantastic people there. I remember my driver barely said two words to me for about 2 weeks, but then as time went on and we spent more and more time together, talking, listening to music etc we became really good friends."

- - -
On writing more music: "I would love to have the time to work on more music but it's getting harder to do that, as I am away alot. Me and my girlfriend started messing around with some ideas, for fun more than anything, and recorded them as kind of Bedroom demos as it were. We both love writing and playing music and so whenever we were at home we would just mess around."

- - -
Filmmakers he admires: There are so many amazing people that I would like to work with and everytime I am asked this question I can never think of any!

Spike Jonze

Michael Winterbottom

Harmony Korine [ read more ]

- - -
These excerpts are just a few of Jim's insights into acting and the new movies he's currently making. Head on over to JSOC for the meaty, exciting parts!
- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment