Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Hairstyle Poll – Do I Dare Go Platinum Blonde?

New Hairstyle Poll – Do I Dare Go Platinum Blonde?
Recently, I found my first grey hair, which you can read about in great detail here.  I’ve been highlighting and low lighting my naturally sandy blonde hair since I was in my early twenties.  I found this great photo of my last spiral perm, and it has my virgin hair color in the summertime.  I can’t stop laughing, because I [...]

Recently, I found my first grey hair, which you can read about in great detail here.  I’ve been highlighting and low lighting my naturally sandy blonde hair since I was in my early twenties.  I found this great photo of my last spiral perm, and it has my virgin hair color in the summertime.  I can’t stop laughing, because I remember Mick telling me all those years ago “I can’t have you walking around East Lansing like this.”  Thus, The Girl from the Ghetto stopped having ghetto hair, and her non-ghetto transformation began.

I’ve always highlighted underneath the supervision of Mick, my longtime hairstylist, whom I dearly love.  I even drive three hours roundtrip to get my hair “did” every six weeks or so rather than place my hair in the hands of a local stylist.  Now that grey has knocked on my door, I’m worried how quickly the rest of my hair will turn on me.  I’ve got to plan ahead, and after minutes of staring at the blonde hair style chart, I think I like yellowish-blonde hair with platinum highlights, just like Pam Anderson has.  Am I nuts?  I’m normally a more ash blonde in the summers, and right now I’m a bit more dark with my winter lowlights, not sure what this color is called.  I’m not sure if Pam’s hair color would look good on me, or look good on my hair, with me being an old woman of 39.  I’m pale as hell and have long hair, which damages more with bleaching.  Even my hubby has his doubts if I can pull it off.  He has seen my platinum blonde pictures from my wild period circa 2000 – 2001.  I’m not going for sexy here, my goodness, I’m simply a stepmom who wears pjs 24/7.  I just really like the look of really blonde hair.

 

So, I am asking for your help.  My stylist Mick has his own ideas, but I need a neutral party weighing in whether or not I can pull of Pam’s look, minus the huge fake tubes, skinny body, fake tan, and fake lips.  Please, vote below, and share any thoughts on my color choice in the comments.

The Girl from the Ghetto


Filed under: Big Hair, Blondes have more fun, Detroit bloggers, ghetto, hair, hairstyles, Michigan Bloggers, Pam Anderson, politically correct, pop culture, sex, stepmom, White trash Tagged: Breaking news, comedy, entertainment, going grey, hair styles, Haircuts, humor, life, long hairstyles, Mom Haircuts, news, personal, random thoughts, sexy blondes, THOUGHTS

No comments:

Post a Comment