Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Jon Gosselin: "I Was Abused"

Jon Gosselin: "I Was Abused"

Police-Called-Jon-Kate-Gosselin.jpgIn another excerpt from Jon Gosselin's interview on Good Morning America (which airs Tuesday morning), the dad of eight continues to paint a pretty dismal picture of what married life�to Kate Gosselin was really like.

"Our relationship will never be fixed," he said. " ... I don't trust her anymore. I was abused ... I was beaten down ... I'm not going back to that life style."

Jon says the fact that the couple dove into marriage and kids�at such a young age played a part in their�impending doom.

"I got married at 22. I had twins at 23. I had sextuplets at 27. Bye-bye, twenties," Jon told ABC News' Chris Cuomo. "And then raising all those kids until you're 30 and, you know, you don't even think about what's going on around you. You just do what you got to do to survive."

After taking years and years�of "abuse" from Kate, Jon says it got to a point where he�just couldn't take�her controlling ways anymore.

"In 10 years, I've never gone out ... When she said, 'I don't want you going out,' I ... I used to say, 'OK, I'm not going to go out.' I was very passive. This is the first time I said, 'You know what? I want to see my friends. I'm going out,'" he explained. "That was the first time in my life I ever stood up to Kate ... I just felt like I had to take back some time in my life, and I did it. And I felt really good. I made my own decision ... I was beaten down for so long, I couldn't even make my own decision. And when I did, I was like, holy cow! You know? Yeah, what's she gonna do? Divorce me? All right. Obviously. You know."

Since splitting from his wife of ten years, Jon is more his old self than ever.

"My mom and my brothers, they say to me, 'It's so good to have the real Jon back. It's so good to have the warm, loving, kind, caring person that we knew you when you were ... before you got married. I've changed for her," he admitted. "Because I loved her ... But don't forget who you are. That's what happened to me."

It's an interesting topic. Should you change for the person you love? Can�you? Or will it eventually all turn into resentment like it has for Jon & Kate?


Source: dailyblabber.ivillage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment