Thursday, January 7, 2010

Top 10 Reasons Why I Enjoy Unemployment

Top 10 Reasons Why I Enjoy Unemployment
As much as I want to turn this into a sarcastic list, I’m trying not to, and going to try to write a positive list.  For the record, I can’t stand being out of work, so this is a therapeutic list for my own mental heath rather than for your enjoyment, but I still hope you enjoy [...]

As much as I want to turn this into a sarcastic list, I’m trying not to, and going to try to write a positive list. 

For the record, I can’t stand being out of work, so this is a therapeutic list for my own mental heath rather than for your enjoyment, but I still hope you enjoy it.

  1. Daytime grocery shopping.  I think I hate nothing more than shopping at night or on the weekends, so being laid off has this major perk of quiet grocery isles.  Peace while picking out my frozen goods.
  2. Not driving in rush hour traffic.  Since I’ve been laid off, I think I’ve only gotten gas five times.  In three months, doesn’t that just rock? 
  3. Searching for jobs at 3:00 am so that I can sleep in.  I hate getting up early in the morning.  I hated looking for employment right after I got home from work.  I do say that the stress of looking for a new job is eased a bit when no one else witnesses it.  There are days where I’m looking for work for three hours straight, and I’ve even spent as much as five hours looking for work here in Michigan.  Sad and scary, and I’d rather be alone during these low moments.
  4. I get to wear pj’s all day, every day.  Unless I’m going to volunteer, a doctor’s appointment, or a rare moment out in public related to the job search, I’m in my pj’s, which may be the best perk of all.
  5. Wearing only pj’s = less laundry.  A bonus perk, because now I only do laundry every three weeks.  If you had to carry two baskets down two flights of stairs with bad knees and a constant dizzy problem, you’d really understand the joy of this! 
  6. More time to volunteer.  Sure, it sounds suspicious, but I do like to volunteer to help others.  Going for my fourth volunteer job tomorrow.  Not only do I help people, and it gets me out of the office, but I’m networking my butt of in the hopes one of these people will hire me or know someone who will.
  7.  More time on my hands to call Mayo Clinic and beg them to fix my medical bills.  Today I had a small success in my eight month long battle with them.  After two audits, they finally realize that they billed my crap wrong (After I pointed out they were using the wrong insurance card number, duh!) and promise to rebill my insurance company.  Good thing I have extra time to try to get this solved, because the hours I’ve spent battling them would astound you. 
  8. More time to hang out with my BFF Beatrice, my fat cat.  Well, sometimes she gets sick of me, being home 24/7, but I understand it.  If someone was bugging me all day to hold them like a newborn baby I’d get sick of it to, lol.
  9. More time for movies and books.  I’ve definitely been able to catch up on my reading and movie watching, so there is that.
  10. Not having to deal with the morons I used to work with and for.  That, my friends and readers, is the best part of waking up!   

Posted in all about me, Auto Industry Collapse, blogging, blogs, Detroit, Detroit bloggers, ghetto, Health, job hunting, Life is not fair, Mayo Clinic, Michigan, Michigan Bloggers, pain, politically correct, politics, sarcasm Tagged: Breaking news, Emo, humor, life, Michigan Unemployment, miserable, news, personal, random thoughts, THOUGHTS, Unemployment

Source: thegirlfromtheghetto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment