Friday, December 25, 2009

Jesse recommends . . .

Jesse recommends . . .

So I was back home in Oakville over the weekend for some Christmas festivities.

As always, this included a whole bunch of overeating, traditional family bickering, and my younger brother Jesse recommending his favourite online videos.

His top pick this time around was Crazy Hockey Mother, above. (Be warned: language NSFW).

This video is pretty great, because in my youth I regularly found myself with my parents at the hockey arena watching Jesse's hockey games. So I know this behaviour is completely plausible.

Luckily, my parents are relatively calm and sane, and refrained from this type of humiliating spectacle. Though there was one hockey tournament, where a player on the opposing team had the unfortunate distinction of going through puberty before every other player. This made him a few feet taller and slightly wider than everyone else on the ice, and the Oakville fans were. not. having it.

Poor guy was heckled to the point that he attacked another player and was kicked out of the game. We all cheered. His younger sister cried beside us.

Harsh? Maybe. But we're talking minor hockey here. And when you're playing Oakville, you just need to expect shit to get real like that.

In our defense, at least we never called anyone a fucking cock sucking piece of shit. And I think that's something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment